When it comes to suits, a blue one is essential for any man. A blue suit is one of the most versatile garments a man can have. It can be worn for work, casual weekends, and other formal events. Light ones are best if you want to make a statement and turn some heads while darker ones like navy blue help you achieve a more refined look. But if you are not sure when and how to wear a blue suit, here is our guide to help you:
When to wear
- Smart casual
You want to have an adaptable and casual look if you want to go less formal. Go for blue blazers instead of jackets. Wear pastel tones or even navy. You can wear white since it goes well with any shade of blue. But you can also experiment with other bright accessories if you want a more relaxed look. Complete the outfit with sneakers that come in classic colors.
For any kind of corporate event, blue is a great color. It’s a welcome change from black and grey suits. Team up your blue jacket with a white shirt and bright-colored ties. Navy is the best shade of blue to use but you can also wear brighter shades if you aren’t afraid. Complete the look with dark brown shoes.
Blue can also be worn for formal events. Wear a patterned blue suit with navy-colored patterns. The color of your shoes should match the tone of your belt and outfit. The best kind of dress shirt to wear is a white with a slim tie or a bow tie. Wear shades if you must. For pocket squares, go for a darker shade of blue. And if you want to set yourself apart from the crowd, wear a double-breasted jacket.
How to wear
- Neon shades of blue are for contemporary looks. Vibrant shades are best for summer.
- If you want a more classic suit, go for powder or navy shades of blue.
- Mid-tone blue suits are some of the most versatile shades. They are best worn for business and social events.
- Navy blue suits are best worn only during office hours.
- Bright shades of blue don’t really work well during the evening.
- Pairing the jacket with your shirt can be difficult if you don’t put a distinction between colors into consideration. Don’t go for a shirt that can be overpowered by a bright blue jacket. The most versatile shirt you can wear is a white one. You can also use a pale color of blue or pink tones if you want to portray a summer look.
- If you’re going to wear pocket squares, go with whites. However, if you have a light blue suit, you can go with a navy pocket square.
- The color of the tie depends on the occasion and on your suit’s shade of blue.
- For formal events, go with black or brown shoes. However, you can go with white sneakers if you want a more casual attire.
At Nickermann’s Boutique Tailors, we provide high-quality tailoring and specialise in custom suits. Schedule an appointment online or visit us in Bangkok!